How do I become a member?New members come to NFW by invitation of an existing member. A prospective member must attend at least two meetings (lunch, social, board) as the guest of her sponsor. An application and dues payment is submitted online. The sponsor confirms that she is eligible to sponsor. The board of directors then considers the application.
What are the criteria to become a member?
- Be in control of your time (the idea here is that the applicant can attend the once-a-month two hour meeting).
- Secure the sponsorship of an active member.
- Attend two events as the guest of the sponsor (monthly luncheons, board meetings and/or socials).
- Receive approval by the Board of Directors.
What is the criteria for being a sponsor?
- Been an NFW member for at least one year.
- Attended at least six meetings within the past year.
Can I bring a guest?Members can bring a guest to NFW events; the member must pay for lunch. Guests must attend two events (meetings or social) before becoming a member.
How much are dues?Annual dues are $80 payable in January. Dues are prorated throughout the first year of membership.
What are the benefits of membership?We welcome individuals who are actively pursuing career goals and who embrace the NFW concept of education, participation, and support of women. Our commitment is to provide a support system through which women can find:
- Professional advancement through a strong network of business contacts and education.
- Recognition of the contribution of that business women have made and continue to make in Tulare County.
- An avenue through which professional and businesswomen can share companionship, encouragement and support.
- Opportunity to post a professional profile on the NFW website.
How much does it cost to attend a monthly luncheon?Luncheons are held at The Vintage Press Restaurant and are $22 per person
Can I pay to attend NFW events online?Yes at networkingforwomen.org
How much does a replacement name badge cost?$15
When are meetings / board meetings held?
Monthly luncheons are held on the fourth Thursday of the month 11:30-1:30 at The Vintage Press Restaurant (November and December meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month). A reservation must be made to attend luncheon meetings. Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month. All members are welcome to attend.